Tuesday, September 17, 2013

five shitty poems about five shitty mistakes

1
you sat across from me in english
we had the teacher whose S's slithered like snakes across silky sheets
you asked me to write your name in chinese
i tattooed it on your hand, you tattooed it on my heart
your cruel friends laughed,
"what are you gonna do? date an asian girl?"
you gave me a helpless look,
fuck you, you weren't helpless
you just cared about popularity
and your awful, racist friends more
than you cared about me
i cried
i got over it

2
i met you in chicago
you made me blush
"quit it with the hand-holding"
but i didn't want you to ever stop
you teased me about liking you
i teased you about your awful taste in tee shirts
it's six years later and i can't believe i ever liked you
i'm embarrassed


you were with her
but i was the one you talked to until 3AM
and everyone hated me for it
you wanted "official"
but i was a master of avoidance
1/2 of summer was spent fawning over you
the other 1/2 was spent ignoring you
fall came and with it, a new girlfriend
i was still the one you called at 3AM

4
roses are red
violets are blue
i hate you

5
you had me at "i love neutral milk hotel"
you told me about your fears, your dreams, your aspirations
i listened to every song you sent me
you told me things you never told anyone else
you talked to me about anything,
everything
but it turns out
you lied about not liking rap music
you lied about kissing her
you lied about quitting
you're the stupidest brilliant person i've ever met

6
you weren't a mistake but if you were
you'd be the sweetest one
i miss you




No comments:

Post a Comment